Friday, August 10, 2012

While I Was Sick

Today I am FEVER FREE!!!  I want to scream it from the mountaintops---Hill Country tops will work fine, too.  I put on make up and my contacts.  I run errands.  I have lunch with my mom and kids at a restaurant.  I shop for school stuff.  I go to HEB.  I make dinner.  A normal day!  YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!  Even making dinner is fun as I pretend to be on Chopped and talk through my menu adding gastrique and ragoute when it sounds boring.  My dinner has neither, but my family is entertained by the cooking show.

During my illness I read a post by a dear friend who is battling pancreatic cancer.  He is sad because his numbers slightly went up.  He is changing his treatment and will lose his hair completely with this particular treatment plan, so he buzzed his hair.  He is still handsome.  He has been battling intensely for nine months and has never complained, but instead lifts people up and uses every opportunity to praise God for his blessings.  I was sick for five days and I was ready to be put out to pasture.

Needless to say, I feel frustrated with myself for being such a lightweight!!  I am better in five days and he is still battling nine months later.  I begin to thank God for his provision in my life and for blessing me with health and a sense of humor and also for GRACE, His grace.  I think today I'm asking for each of us to focus on one person in our lives who needs prayer.  Tonight as you rest your head on a pillow you might think of someone who does not have a pillow or a roof over their head.  Maybe your friend is battling cancer, too.  Possibly your friend is facing divorce, foreclosure, or addiction.  Maybe you are the one facing these horrors.  Take a moment to pray for yourself or for someone else.  If you don't know what to pray, you can start with the prayer I attached below.  If you decide you might want to pray for my friend, his name is Troy Hallmark (Mitzi, wife and Haley, daughter).

The Lord's Prayer


Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, [and] the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment