Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Forgotten Ones

School is starting again and we are back on a schedule, tired, and full of activities.  Tonight I was in the showering thinking about never getting out, EVER.  Getting up earlier, cooking breakfast, getting dressed, feeding EVERYONE, making sure backpacks and lunches are packed(supervise), getting to school on time, working, and then getting home or attending practices, cooking dinner, eating dinner, cleaning up after dinner, games, baths, homework, maybe laundry, SHOWER!!  Such is the life of a mother/teacher.

My husband has a very similar schedule which requires him NOT to have long vacations during the holidays and NOT three months during the summer.  My schedule changes, but his schedule is always the same.  He likes to remind me, "Someone has to work!" and work he does.  He leaves before I leave and arrives well after I arrive, just in time for dinner.   He usually works in the yard and burns or waters something, helps with the kitchen or the laundry, exercises and helps with bedtime for the kids.

I realized, in the shower I never wanted to leave, my husband is often forgotten in this whole Back To School rush.  I'm so busy worrying about back to school this that and the other I hardly give him a second thought.  If I make a goulash dinner, he doesn't complain.  If I don't make the bed, he doesn't complain.  BUT, my best and first job is being a wife.  I have to continue to remember him even when everything else starts rolling again, he has always been working and never neglected to make it home to dinner or help with the laundry because it is "Back to School."

Don't forget the husbands in all the craziness...they are the reason you get to be a wife and mother.

FYI:  This blog post did receive the stamp of approval from my husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment