Thursday, August 30, 2012

Planting Season

Today something remarkable happened.  I was driving east on IH-10 and about two miles ahead there were lights flashing.  The lights signaled some sort of construction.  I changed lanes as did all of the people ahead and most of the people behind me.  A few people decided they could get ahead by flying by me and quickly changing lanes causing traffic to slow.  Those cars were three or four cars ahead of me and they slowed down our pace...ANNOYING.

This whole car thing reminds me of the reality series called Survivor.  I watched only the first season.  The winner was a man who was not someone I would ever want to befriend.  Some people say he played the game, but I say he sped ahead of a few cars to "win."  You  might not see any correlation between these two things,  but I do.

I see so many people around me throwing people under the bus for the sole purpose of self promotion.  You might get ahead right now yet you planted a seed that you will reap some day.  I did not always understand the gravity of sowing and reaping but as I sow things along my life adventure, sometimes the things I reap are unpleasant and some things are enjoyable.  Let me put it simply...if you plant pumpkin seeds you get pumpkins sooooo if you act like a total jerk to someone, likely you will encounter a jerk or two along your way.

Next time you think of taking someone's parking spot, spouse or dignity, think again.

No comments:

Post a Comment