Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Paradise

I'm sitting on the edge of the pond watching the kids snorkel.   I brush off an occasional ant who thinks my leg is a new path to food.  A crepe myrtle tree covered in the old blooms from the height of summer shades me.  A school of fish swims by avoiding the snorkeling children while the tadpoles scatter at the repositioning of snorkle or mask.  Twenty feet away the water cascades down the waterfall sending a cool breeze my general direction.
In the distance I hear the whinny of the pony and a cockadoodledoo or five.  All five of the roosters want to make sure they have a chance to be heard. OUCH!  I just got bit by an ant...on the butt!
In February when we decided to move we wanted a house with a pool.  We looked at 1000(exaggeration) houses online.  This quaint house out in the country kept popping up.  It did not have a pool.  After searching for the right house for the right price and the right distance from work and school, we decided on the quaint country house with no pool.
March 23, 2012,  we moved.  By April we had a pony, a goat and chickens.  In July our well was re-drilled and the pond became alive again.  The only thing left to do was transfer the Koi out of the pony's water and back in to the pond.  After a few hours of wrangling and cleaning, the fish and tadpoles and frogs were relocated back to their pond home.
The relocation was something out of Free Willy with everyone standing around and tears in our eyes to watch the fish swim free.  In March I never imagined I would get a swimming pool, but today I'm sitting on the edge of a beautiful habitat teeming with life.  God answered my prayer in a way I never dreamed....I have a gigantic swimming pool filled with so much adventure.  No toys needed, just a snorkle and a mask.
As I begin to press the ”publish” button I catch a glimpse of the kids catching pollywogs.  They rest their hands under water and the tadpoles swim on to their hand.  OUCH!  Another ant bite!  This is PARADISE!

Everyone of us has a paradise in front of our very eyes...find it and embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment