Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Saw the Tooth Fairy

I'm sitting at the computer trying to write about the root canal today, but I agreed to fill and take the pain killer prescription.  So, as I sit at the computer eating the entire box of Jello Butterscotch pudding I'm certain I just saw the Tooth Fairy float by.  He did not look to be carrying my fancy car, but he might have been carrying an egg.  Yes, today I found an egg in the nest box in the chicken coop!  Finally!!!!

Today is full of firsts....my first narcotic pain killer, my first egg from this bunch of chickens, my first(second) root canal, my first actual sighting(hallucination) of the Tooth Fairy.  For all of you who doubted the grandeur of the root canal, I bet your day was not as wonderful as mine.

I just stopped for a moment to run(holding on to the wall all the way) to my son's room to calm his night terror.  He is completely asleep and asks, "Why did the butterfly kill the house?"  Did he have some of my narcotics?  I make my way back to the computer, barely.  Whew!!

I am now reflecting on my comments from last night about not wanting to take pain killers because I will like them too much.  The truth is, I was right!!  These things are awesome!  As I scoop the last bite of butterscotch pudding in my mouth I feel a wave of nausea come over me and I catch a glimpse of the Tooth Fairy, again.  I think it is time for bed.  Best. Root. Canal. EVER!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment