Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What Would You Do?

"Dreams are not about what you can buy, but what you do to change the world...."

How many of us think about winning the Powerball?  Recently I bought a Powerball ticket when it was up at  $300+million.  Somehow we have become so jaded and think the $20million jackpots are lame.  $20 million is a whole bunch of money and could make a huge impact on our society.  Often when I consider buying a ticket I think of all the things I would like to buy.

When I read the quote on someone's Facebook account, I wanted to cry.  I don't really lack or need anything.  There are so many homeless and hungry people in my own city and how am I changing my world?  I don't need $200+million to change my city.  All I need to do is donate time, money, clothes, or food to any of the organizations in my city working to help people in need.

I had to sit down and ask myself, "Am I doing enough to be the hands and feet of Jesus?"  Luckily, tomorrow is another day and I still have an opportunity to be who God created me to be.  To serve other people and to change my world has always been a desire of my heart.  I pray that I will no longer think about what I might buy, rather I will consider how I might change the world.  Changing the world does not require winning the lottery....






No comments:

Post a Comment