Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Real Meaning of July 28, 2012

Today I went to the movies.  I have been waiting for The Odd Life of Timothy Green to finally hit the theaters for a few reasons.  Obviously Jennifer Garner is a gem and the story beckoned to me.  I secretly enjoy crying during movies.  Well, not much of a secret anymore.  The third reason and most personal has everything to do with July 28th.

So many families struggle to have children.  Sometimes cancer keeps them from conceiving or carrying, sometimes their reproductive system is not able to do its job.  Stress can play a huge role in the inability to conceive, yet telling someone who is desperate for a child to, ” not stress out!” is not very well received.

I have two healthy children often volunteering to lend them to my friends who are not parents.  Some have said that their child would be tolerable whereas mine are not....ok.  What they really mean is they want their own child.  After many tries they may even decide to adopt.  Other families adopt first or exclusively. I even have friends who  adopt and then become pregnant against all  odds.  Life is beautiful.

Children are purely a gift.  The most difficult, beautiful, crazy, fun gift you'll ever receive.  Whether the child comes from your loins, someone elses, or the garden, cherish every moment. 

The most heart wrenching reason I am so touched by The Odd Life of Timothy Green is because July 28, 2012 was my due date.  Our third child didn't make it to his birthday.  As parents we decided to close the door on child bearing forevermore after we lost our baby in December 2011.  Timothy Green is a wishful look at the perfect child.





No comments:

Post a Comment