Sunday, October 7, 2012

Won't You Join Me?



 
 We attended church today and I continued to hear God speak encouragement in to my life.  Every song and every word spoken by the pastor was a check mark on my list of affirmations that God truly hears our cries.  Some of you may observe my life and believe it to be nearly perfect, but I assure you as perfect as it seems, the enemy will stop at nothing to tear down our seemingly perfect lives.  When I am under attack, I am so thankful for the people around me who let me whine and then refer me to the Father.  It is only through Him that I am able to find rest and help in any and all things.

In many ways I did receive a "Sympathy Pass"(blog from yesterday) as He gave me many opportunities to hear His voice.  During the worship portion of church I could NOT compose myself enough to sing as I had tears streaming down my face.  God doesn't care whether or not I wear waterproof mascara and, with enough tears, waterproof mascara doesn't work.  Here is what He reminds me, it is NOT about what I look like, what talents He has gifted me,  or what I can or cannot do.  It is about what I am willing to do for Him.  Am I willing to give it ALL to Him?

I have always been hesitant to give it all to Him.  Somehow I'm afraid He won't do what I want Him to do with MY life.  I often forget it is NOT my life to give.  Even though I know how amazing He is from His extensive and impressive vitae, I resist.  Think for a second how I talk about God having a vitae...SERIOUSLY!  This is just a reminder to HAVE FAITH.  It really is the only way to live without being completely helpless.  Don't get me wrong, we will have disappointments in our lives, but you will NEVER be alone.  NEVER.  If you've ever seen a portrait by Ann Geddess(click here) where a baby in being held completely by the hand of his/her parent, this is how I imagine God.  Unfortunately, for us, we are not sleeping serenely in His hands, but whining(or is that just me) or peeking over the edge wondering if the bad stuff can see us.

I need to remind myself, DAILY, to whom I belong.  To look in the mirror and say, "I am the daughter of the Most High God, a Warrior Princess!  Bought by the Blood of the Lamb.  I am weak, He is strong!  I am willing to stop living a double life.  A life that I live with fervor and eagerness, but all for His Kingdom.  To throw aside my fear of judgement knowing He will guide me and He ALONE will judge me.  To live a life free of regret knowing every day is dedicated to serving Him with my WHOLE HEART."  Won't you join me today?  Live ONE life.





No comments:

Post a Comment