Saturday, October 13, 2012

Armed and Dangerous



AWWWWWW  SHOOT!




Today was our school's annual shootout.  If you've followed my blog you will notice that I don't really use guns for killing, but shooting clays I've done, well, thrice in my life.  Last year was my first clay shoot EVER and I had a perfect score.  I have two students who compete at the world level and do amazingly well, unfortunately their talents have not rubbed off on me.  You see, when I say perfect, I really mean, a perfect "0."

This year I had only one way to go, UP.  After hitting 5/50 I didn't have quite the same pride as my perfect "0" and was hoping if I scored low enough annually they would consider having a lowest score prize.  It would be even better if the prize was a TIARA!

As you can see, I was part of a very stylish team which included my friend Skye and her husband and my husband, too.  We had a combination of 12 and 20 gauge shotguns and the bruises to match.  I look forward to the event every year as I don't often get to shoot things and I actually enjoy the challenge.  The challenge is mostly to avoid swinging my loaded rifle around when I ask a question, but everyone  just screams , "Whoa!!!!!" or they duck.  Luckily we all avoided injury.  Have a great Saturday and remember to have fun even if you aren't good at whatever it is you choose to do!!


On our way to check-in

Check in










The ATV we didn't get to ride in...I think it
was reserved for the good shooters.
Me missing it!!

Skye killing it!









1 comment:

  1. And you did get a prize for low score this year! Yay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete