Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday of Fun

Today started like any other day.  I got up, got the kids up and got ready for school.  We were rushing out the door when Brett forgot his belt.  Ugh.  We arrive, not quite on time, to Grandparent's Day at school.  Chloe's classroom visit was filled with Grandpa grilling her about her "boyfriend" and Brett's classroom visit included Grandpa correcting spelling and punctuation on a first grader's journal.  Success?  Not sure.  I had to run some errands until I realized I had not completed an online course required by my employer.  The school computer froze and would not let me access the site.  I jumped in my car and got home in time to finish the course and make it back to school.  My new dog, Tuxedo, decided to have an accident in the house.  I reprimanded him so he pooped on me.  GROSS!!!  I only have enough time to finish this course, which requires a test to measure understanding, now I have to take a quick shower and change my clothes!  I put the dog outside hoping he will finish pooping out there and not on me.




I call the dog to come back in and he refuses.  I chase him around my house five times.  He hides underneath a wood pile.  I grab him and swat him on the bottom.  He poops.  I swat him again, he poops, swat, poop, swat, poop, swat, poop, swat, nothing, swat, nothing.  Ok, poop is finished.  FINALLY!  I put him inside and finish my course running out the door to teach class.  Whew!




After school is fairly boring except when Brett found two dead fish in and around our pond.  We are speculating as to whom we should blame for the massacre.  Fish?  Bird?  Mammal?  Turtle?  I also had a small adventure with the goats and pony.  I was cleaning the pony's hooves and the goat used me as a ladder to climb on the pony's back.   She jumped off and started nibbling on me while mosquitos used me like a gas station pump!  I had to be careful not to stab her with the hoof cleaner tool.  I thought about it, though.  After being used as a ladder and a blood bank I returned to the house to turn the eggs.  I can't wait to meet the new babies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment