Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Great Chicken Disappearance Solved...sort of



The Great Chicken Disappearance has been resolved!  This morning, outside of the coop, was my third white silkie hen.  The one I thought was carried away by an owl?  Why, yes, the very same one!  She was pacing back and forth trying to get in while the other chickens clucked with glee!  It was a glorious homecoming and I was so relieved to solve the mystery.

I spent the whole day at school beaming with pride knowing my silkie had come home!  I pull up to the house and take the chickens a treat I saved for them from lunch.  All twenty chickens came running over to collect a taste of the delicious treat.  One hen is still sitting on her eggs and the white silkie is gone, AGAIN!  I sent my neighbor a text message to see if she has seen my chicken.  Her return text suggests I look for her in the trees.  Silkies can't fly or get any elevation as their wings are even less substantial than a regular chicken.  So, the trees are an unlikely location for her to hide.  I can't follow her to her new hideaway since I work and am gone most of the day.  Oh well, I guess we shall treat her like a super star and act awestruck when she visits.

Chloe told me a little about her day as well.  She said her stomach was bothering her all day and she felt sorry for her class as they were subject to the "the silent assassin" all day.  I asked if she admitted her bombings and she said, "Of course not!  They were quiet so why should I admit anything??"  Yikes!  I'm glad I wasn't in 4th grade today!  It seems that while I solved a mystery today, Chloe's 4th grade class remains confused by the silent assassin who paid them a visit today.

No comments:

Post a Comment