Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What's In It For Me?



We have arrived at Day 103 of posting.  My daily audience is beginning to dwindle as my subject matter becomes more predictable and less exciting.  Thank you to my regular visitors who come nightly to see if the day's activities were good, bad, or enlightened.  Today is Wednesday and Wednesday is my day off.  I run errands, errands, more errands, pretend to clean house, play with the pets, and go to the grocery store for the fourth time.

Every Wednesday I have a grand ambition of finding someone else to drive my children to school while I sleep in.  Every Wednesday I get up and take my kids to school with a list a mile long of errands.  Wednesday is usually date lunch with Thadd, although the past two weeks he has rescheduled.   Should I take the cancellations as a hint??

Today I went down to the barn to feed the pony and goats.  Pip, my black and white goat, was not feeling well.  She did't want to eat and had bowel issues.  After a full day of foraging on wild birdseed from my patio, potted plants around my chicken coop, chicken feed, and other various snacks, she seems to be back to normal.  My broken wing/leg chicken removed her makeshift cast and is beginning to hobble around better today.  Tiny, the tiny little chick will spend the night outside with his friends and I will attempt to sleep wondering if he will be smashed.  I know those of you with teenagers are wondering how I might handle my children going out and driving themselves anywhere, EVER.  The answer is, "Therapy."  Actually, I'm not sure therapy will work but I'm certain God will hear more prayers during the teenage years(my kids) than he has in my entire life.  It could be good for my prayer life.

Hmmm, that makes me wonder.  Why is it that when things get really hard I pray extra?  God wants us to need Him all the time and to seek Him all the time.  I would prefer to come to God in a good season and not a bad one.  My prayers are more hopeful and thankful in the happy seasons.  Our relationship with God should be like our marriages.  Through sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, till death we finally meet face to face!  The only difference is that once your wagon is hitched to God's, He stays with you.  You can't divorce God.  Well, you can try.  I digress...Your relationship will have its ups and downs, but the nature of a relationship is that is grows stronger every day, every year.  There is more to like and more to love.

Today I was driving down the road and I began to think about my husband.  I thought about his silvering hair and how much more handsome he is every year.  He started out very good looking, but has managed to get better looking every year!!!  I imagine God's love for us is so incredibly deep we cannot begin to fathom it, BUT I also believe that we begin to know Him when we have a relationship.  We begin to find him more amazing and more wonderful with each passing day, month, year.  The relationship is not for His benefit, it is for our benefit.  He loves you more with each passing day and knows your heart.  Below I posted a song that reminds me so much of the heart of God.  There has to be one line in the song that makes me come to pieces.  Toward the end of the song is the line, "You see the depths of my heart and you love me the same."  This song speaks to the awesome power of God, but also the very detail of knowing us so uniquely and despite our flaws and our shortcomings, HE STILL LOVES US.  Wow.


          Indescribable by Chris Tomlin  click here to hear the song.
From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea
Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to it's light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
You are amazing God

Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
Incomparable, unchangeable
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same
You are amazing God
You are amazing God
So, quick recap....pray in all seasons of life and build a relationship with God.  It is worth it.  If you are still wondering, "What's in it for me?" I can't help you.  Goodnight Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment