Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baby Chick's Big Farm Adventure



Baby Chick's Big Farm Adventure
photography and story by Mimi Stricker


One day Baby Chick decided to go on a big adventure.  He had been alive for two days and he was getting very tired of his big purple box.  He asked Mimi to take him around the farm to meet all the animals.



Mimi was happy to take him around the farm and even let him ride shotgun.

 "What is your name?"  asked Baby Chick.  "My name is Kitty Fluff.  I have heard you cheeping in the big purple box.  It is nice to meet you!"

 "Wow!!  Look at the big waterfall!!  I could get hurt if I fall down.  Maybe I will just jump on a water lily instead." cheeped Baby Chick as he sunk further into the water.  "Mimi!  HELP!"  Mimi grabbed Baby Chick out of the water and dried him off.  They continued with their adventure.
 "Hi!  I'm Scratchy, but everyone just calls me Baby Ti.  I like to climb trees.  Maybe you can climb trees with me when you move out of your big purple box."  "That is a great idea!" said Baby Chick.


"Hey kitty, what's your name?" cheeped Baby Chick as loud as he could.  Marsha turned around and said, "My name is Marshmallow, but you can call me Marsha.  Gotta go!"

Mimi took Baby Chick over to see all the hens and roosters.  He stood on a ball to try and get their attention.  "Hello everyone!"  cheeped Baby Chick.  All the chickens stared silently at Baby Chick.  He was sad.

Charles was much nicer and greeted Baby Chick with a neigh and a sniff.  "Hello little fella.  How is life in the big purple box?"  Baby Chick cheeped and said, "I used to be lonely, but Mimi put friends in the box to keep me company.  I can't wait till I can be outside with you and all my other farm friends.  I'm not sure the chickens like me, though."
"Don't worry about the chickens.  They didn't talk to me at first either, but now we eat together every day." said Charles encouragingly.
 "Hey Mimi, who is this?"  "That is just my big chicken decoration.  He reminds the chickens which way is home and when I saw him at the store, I fell in love.  Very much like I fell in love with you when you were born!" replied Mimi.
 "This is a big world out here.  So much to see and so many new friends!" cheeped Baby Chick.
 "If I sit up here I can almost see the whole farm!  I think I could get cozy all the way up here." said Baby Chick as he nestled down.
 "Mimi, have you seen these beautiful flowers?  I bet there are some tasty worms in this dirt below the flowers."  "Thank you, Baby Chick, I love flowers in the garden.  Not to mention, I love how cute you look in my flowers!"  Baby Chick blushed as Mimi snapped a photograph to remember how cute Baby Chick looked in her flower garden.
 Finally back inside with his special friend, Buster, Baby Chick relaxed.  "Buster, you should've gone with me!!  It was so fun out on the farm.  I met Kitty Fluff, Baby Ti, Marshmallow, Charles, and the chickens."  Buster replied, "I'm sad I missed your big adventure, but when you get a little bigger and move out of your big purple box, we can go explore the farm together."  Baby Chick smiled.
 Buster introduced Baby Chick to a few of his indoor friends before  it was time for Baby Chick to return to the big purple box.  "Will I ever learn to swim?"  asked Baby Chick.  "Probably not!" Mimi and Buster answered simultaneously.
Finally, Baby Chick returned to his big purple box with his two friends.  "Someday when we are bigger I will take you to see the farm!" cheeped Baby Chick.   Baby Chick snuggled with his friends and went to sleep and dreamt about all of his adventures on the farm.


                     













                                                                        THE END (notes below)




**Please note:  Goats were harmed in the making of this book as they did not willingly or unwillingly participate in the creation thereof.  The chick's name is not being offered up for a vote because we decided Baby Chick is the perfect name.  All the names submitted will be considered for future births.  Thank you for your submissions!!



No comments:

Post a Comment