Monday, October 22, 2012

The Sound of a Pin Drop




Peaceful Evening by Dale Ziegler

After the events of the weekend I was eager to have a quiet and uneventful day.  Today was that day.  A baby chick hatched while I was at school and another one is on the way.  No complications and no stress.  Classes were quiet and my children did not require excessive or medical attention.  All of the animals are either healing or are healed or dead.  Poor hamster.  Speaking of Weasel Scamper, his burial was pushed to tomorrow or maybe even Wednesday as the funeral home was full and couldn't accommodate us any sooner.  Which is code for my husband has been working late and can't attend until Wednesday.

Chloe's carving catastrophe has made it impossible for her to play her last volleyball game this weekend.  Brett still plans to play football and to trash talk the other seven year olds.  By trash talk I really mean, say things in order to distract the other team and remove their focus from the game to the topic at hand.  It could be frogs, grass, snakes or even candy.  I think Brett is actually turning a corner and making good choices.  He and his friends compete to see who can get a a coram Deo(Latin phrase meaning in the presence of God) which is a card given to students who go above and beyond in any capacity without being told.   Oddly, Chloe did get her name on the board today for not sitting correctly in her class.  She claims she "forgot," but if I know my girl, she was pushing boundaries.

The highlight of my day was being asked by a friend to pray for her mom who is battling cancer and was going in to surgery for an invasive procedure.  I am blessed to hear from my friends who trust me with their prayer requests.  I am not the person who locks herself in a prayer closet for hours on end, but I pray throughout the day for people and situations as they impress upon my heart.  I write this blog because I enjoy writing.  I enjoy this blog because of each one of you who reads it, comments, and allows me to be a part of your life.  If I can ever pray for you or encourage you, I'm just a comment away.

I hope your Monday was laid back and relaxing.  Have a wonderful week and I will see you back here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment