Friday, October 19, 2012

The Fall From Grace

This morning it was business as usual on the farm except I was dressed in casual running gear(I do not run) for our annual Jogathon.  Usually I am dressed in business attire with high heels and I feed the animals without any event.  This morning played out a little differently.  I stepped in to the goat stall from the high step right in to the hole the goats made for their new sleep spot.  My ankle was not stable and therefore it rolled and I hit the ground.  Goat food flying EVERYWHERE!!!  The goats climbing all over me searching for food stepping on my head and arm and foot trying to move me off of their spilled food.  I start to whimper and my son hears me and runs to render aid.  I tell him, "Go get Daddy!"  Brett tells Chloe and Chloe runs to the house.

It felt like only five seconds before my husband shows up and lifts me off the ground.  I give orders to re-feed the goats and to feed the pony.  It is now 7:47am and these kids need to get to school.  My husband drives me to the house and calls our good friend who happens to be a doctor.  He is frantic and thinking we should go to the hospital.  He has seen me cry thanks to emotional instability, but rarely physical pain.

I limp inside the house and tell him I have to go and get the kids to school for the jogathon and I am supposed to be volunteering.  UGH!  I can barely walk so I don't think I am going to be much help to anyone.  I get to school and drop the kids off and limp to the volunteer station to report my mishap.  I then limp over to a hidden corner where I find some ice for my ankle and I set up my chair.  I pout.  My husband shows up shortly with a hot tea from Starbucks.  Now I'm sad because I'm not helping, I'm not walking with my kids, and I'm loaded with caffeine and can't go ANYWHERE!!

This is Boo and my
co-puppysitter.
I spent the day watching from my perch and had a very laid back day.  I am thankful for the time to visit with friends and to relax.  It was needed more than I realized and for the day off I am grateful, for the sore ankle I'm dealing with it.  I even had time to puppysit my friend's tiny dog, Boo.  She is a micro teacup Pomeranian and is full grown!!

The whole falling on the farm thing made me glad I don't have pigs.  Recently a farmer fell in his trough and was eaten by his pigs.  The goats trampled me, but at least they didn't eat me!  See, SILVER LINING!!!  I think today turned out great even if I now walk with a gimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment