Saturday, October 27, 2012

The BFA





I have a degree.  A real college degree.  I've been thinking about earning another one.  I just can't quite figure out what I want to study besides veterinarian medicine.  Recently I sat and began to evaluate my life.  I wanted to consider my achievements and my mishaps.  I thought about my degree....BFA Dance.  Bachelor of Fine Arts.  ok.  What if they offered a BFA...Bachelor of FUN ARTS??

I know!  I'm brilliant!  What would the Bachelor of FUN ARTS look like?  The possibilities are endless.  It could include classes in home economics, calligraphy, bungee jumping, snorkeling, trampoline fitness, or whatever you choose.  The only real hinderances would be the lack of classes offered at the university.  I imagine it would be beneficial to attend a really large university that is more apt to allow you to create your own major.

If you could create your own version of the BFA (Bachelor of FUN ARTS), what would it look like?  What sort of classes should be offered and what sort of job opportunities await the BFA graduate.  You also have to consider what classes should be required and what kind of electives should be available for the BFA seeker.    Electives should involve community service class, dirty jobs, and cupcake making.  Required courses, the things that I think every fun-haver should be required to know, are Doomsday Prep Class, Hunting and Gathering Class(I may only eat berries from then on), and something involving a tiara.

I really want to hear your opinions about your best scenario degree plan!!  If Blogger does not allow you to post comments, just e-mail me directly at merissa.stricker@gmail.com and I will add them to the blog.  We seriously do not have enough opportunities to use our imagination in a fun and creative way (besides planning what we would do if we won the lottery) and this is your big opportunity to just have FUN!!


No comments:

Post a Comment