Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I Am a Stalker

One day I will join this cause.  If you can't see the shirt this man is wearing, look at the picture below.  A Gathering Of Geezer!  Yes!!!!  I stalked this man through HEB to photograph his shirt.  If you are wondering, that is NOT my hand holding down his shirt.  I was merely the picture taker.

Chloe had recently been talking about geezers and I found it entertaining to hear her talk about our older generation in such a way.  She did not mean to be disrespectful, she was actually trying to be funny.  When we spotted the man in the geezer shirt we both started laughing and then preceded to stalk him through the store.  

This brings me to my next point....STALKING.  I'm afraid I have a very stalker type personality.  I notice things and people and see people all over the place and they don't necessarily see me.  God and I have this rule.  If he puts someone in my path three times outside of school, church, or a gym, I consider it a call to pray for that family.  Sometimes I will text that person and let them know I'm praying for them or maybe just an "I see you!" message which is VERY creepy for most people.  I'm telling you that I would make a great stalker if it weren't for God.  I wouldn't consider myself a prayer warrior who is constantly on her knees in prayer, but I'm an excellent prayer stalker.  

If you get a text from me and feel like you are being followed, rest assured you are being followed with prayer.  Feel free to text back any request you might have for the prayers!!  God has so blessed me with a love of people and I know He intended it for His purpose and fulfillment.  I don't think it is special or nice of me to stalk people, I just believe each of us is given gifts and we need to decide to use them or LOSE them.

 I never want to lose my passion for people and the pursuit of their souls for the calls of Christ.  I'm sure some of you think I've lost my rocker and you are right.  God is the reason I am who I am and the reason I have done anything fruitful in my life.  I cannot take the credit for any of the successes I've had because hard work can't necessarily provide the opportunities I've been afforded in my life.  There are many people who work hard and don't get the things they are working toward.  If I take a look at my life there are few things I've strived to achieve where God did not honor the desires of my heart.

My life is not without personal disappointment or even frustration in the face of difficulties, but it has mostly been a beautiful ride.  Again, I remember the image of being held over the hard times and knowing that He held me above it all.  The circumstances didn't end nor did they get easier, but His overwhelming PEACE sets in and puts it all in perspective.  If you keep your eyes turned toward heaven you don't see the thieves and destroyers gnashing below.  I'm including a photo I took of my third baby hatchling to remind us of how God's hand holds us over the garbage of life.

If I ever send you a stalker text, know you are being slathered in prayer. I am a lover of people and I truly care about you, your family, your dog, your horse, your sick parents, you great aunt Nina, and everything else that makes you...you.  Your story is worth something to me and more importantly the author of that story, your Heavenly Father, is worth it to me.  I guess when you think of it in that way, everyone's story is authored by the Father, then it's of great value.  Book Signing Today!!!  Come have your book signed by God!  Don't you think your story is fantastic NOW??  Yeah, me too.

  1 Timothy 2:1-15

New Living Translation (NLT)

Instructions about Worship

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time. And I have been chosen as a preacher and apostle to teach the Gentiles this message about faith and truth. I’m not exaggerating—just telling the truth. (biblegateway.com)







No comments:

Post a Comment