Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Huge Shortage

I am coming to you this evening with a business proposal.  I think we can all get rich and retire if we do this hot new thing.  I'm certain it has not been around very long and it seems easy.  I know you aren't ready for this bomb, but here it is:  goat milk.  Is this a hot new thing?  NOPE!

My friend's grand baby came to town today and his mother asked if we could find some goat's milk for him.  I, being a goat mom, knew just the place.  I recently had a conversation with a friend and she told me about this holistic healing spot in Boerne with fresh, delicious goat's milk.  I showed up this morning ready to pick up my gallon of milk.  The nice lady at the healing compound informed me of the huge goat  milk shortage.  I left sad to have failed at the acquisition of my one item to bring to the baby.  I began a frenzied calling spree to every goat herder, health food store and co-op.  Unfortunately I was placed on the month long waiting list.  WHAT??

I have to wait one month to get some fresh goat's milk.  I can get everything at the store EXCEPT raw goat's milk.  What sort of place do I live where I don't have goat's milk at my beck and call??  Now do you understand why we need to start a goat milk business?  I'm considering quitting my teaching job and becoming a full time goat farmer.  Sounds lucrative.

Now that you are envious of my brilliance in riding the goat milk wave, please feel free to join me.  Just think of all the fun we'd have on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment