Monday, November 5, 2012

Who Wants A Dog?

I'm not going to lie, today was not perfect.  It started out decent.  Kids got to school early,  everyone got delicious breakfast(chorizo and huevo tacos) and I got all my prep work done for the week.  After school Chloe comes out with a ghostly white look on her face complaining of tiredness, thirst, headache, nausea, and HALLUCINATIONS.  Ok, given her dramatic past I tend to overlook the hallucinations part and focus on the relatively normal symptoms.  We return to the Urgent Care facility that we visited yesterday for her bladder infection.  Today our visit was to remove her from the antibiotic that was clearly causing some sort of reaction.

Brett is touching every thing in the room where we are sitting waiting to see the doctor.  He jumps on the rolling chair and thinks I will allow him to play roller derby.  Not a chance.  The doctor walks in and I grab Brett and sit him on my lap.  Chloe begins to tell of her woes while I sit impatiently at her side.  I'm annoyed with Brett's wiggle problem and trying to also pay attention to the doctor.  He takes her off of the antibiotics and will re-evaluate in 12 hours when her results for the bladder test are expected to arrive.  We leave.

We make a quick, not so quick if you live in Boerne, stop at Walgreens.  I see a friend of mine who has a wellness business and is looking fabulous.  If I didn't actually know her I would've thought she was a model on vacation in Boerne.   We waited in the checkout line while the cashier signed everyone up for their rewards program that requires all of your information.  When it was my turn I denied participation vowing to myself never to return to that Walgreens.  I say that every six months when I visit.

We drive home and I go straight to my bedroom to let the dogs out.  My husband thought he would treat the dogs by letting them sleep in our room instead of being confined to the bathroom.  When I got home I had some  dog marking to clean. Grrrrr.

I clean everything up and visit the barn to spend time with the sweetest animal I have, Charles.  He is sad and missing his goats who are at the neighbor's house.  A move was necessary to keep the two male goats for fighting through the fence.  My sweet buck had small spots of blood on his horns from all the head butting and I can't have him damaging his handsome face!!!  The goats will be back soon and for now the energy on the farm is quiet and calm, well except for the naughty dog.

The evening progresses and we eat dinner, do baths, and then I spot Tuxedo(the new dog) marking a pillow.  I almost caused irreversible damage to the dog.  There was a moment at which I thought I might have to deliver him to the pound.  After about a minute I came to my senses, sort of.  I told Chloe it was time to take her dog to bed before he turned our house in to a peepee party.  All the excitement had to come to an end.  Thank God!!

I'm now officially ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment