Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bronc Riding

The shortened days make it seem as though I don't get enough done.  I get home from school, cook dinner, tend to the animals and do homework with the children and then it is time for bed.  The lazy summers days lasted forever and I often wished for the short winter days.  The grass is always greener....

This weekend I found a frog basking in the warm sun on a lily pad.  The cats also enjoy finding a sunny location to warm their furry bellies.  I find myself missing Kitty Fluff during the cuddle months.  Rubbing my face in a fuzzy kitty belly on a busy day makes me relax.  Well, it actually makes me sneeze, BUT it also makes me smile.

On Wednesday morning I arrived at a light behind a blond young lady in a minivan with license plates that say DUBAI and a large American flag decal.  Does that seem odd to any one else?  I also recently met a new parent at our school with a son on Brett's team.  The dad's name is Brad Allen.  Any one ever see the movie PILLOW TALK with Rock Hudson?  Rock plays Brad Allen in the movie!  I also asked if Brad was in the witness protection program with such a great name and if so could he connect me with them so I, too, might get a good name.

My day seemed to pass without incident until I was pouring a 50 lb bag of goat pellets and managed to fill my shoes in addition to making a huge mess!   I guess I can stop wondering why the mice like the barn.  I emptied my shoes of food and cleaned the mess off the floor and got back to the house just in time to take Chloe to basketball practice.

On our way to practice we were talking.  I mistakenly asked, "Chloe, what do you want to do when you grow up?"  I asked her this question just to hear an answer I thought would make me smile.  She replies,"I want to do what Ellie does.  Ride horses."  I ask, "How will you use this skill when you are older?"  There is a frighteningly short pause and she says, "the rodeo circuit."  I'm not sure a reply is necessary.  We talk about everything else the rest of the drive as I try to forget the image of my child as a rodeo clown.  She actually would make an excellent rodeo clown, but I think she has her sights set on something more like bronc riding.  We finally arrive at practice.

I like practice because it gives me a chance to sit and visit with other moms or to relax in the car.  Today no other moms were at school for practice.  I guess I will write my blog instead!!  I am so thankful for those tiny moments of mommy alone time (day 8).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment