Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This Is The Day

Sometimes we just have to go to our happy place.  You cannot wake up in the morning and face the day with a frown.  You must commit to make the day good and to somehow find the perfection in it.  To begin with, unless you live in Alaska or other spot where the sun and moon don't follow the regular pattern, the sunrise is a beautiful place to start.  Science says something about the earth being round and revolving and turning around the sun and all sorts of facts.  I say that the God in heaven blesses us with the reminder of a new day and OF COURSE it makes sense.  He is, in fact, the God of order.  If you have any doubts or questions about the order of the Heavenly Father, read the book of Leviticus.  It is a detailed handbook of God's laws and it shows his orderliness to His people as he instructs them how to leave the bondage of slavery and return to serve him as free people.

The day follows a pattern and within the pattern there are many opportunities to celebrate the absolute flawlessness of God.  Today is Wednesday and I run errands on Wednesday.  This morning I had the pleasure of meeting with other first grade mothers to fellowship.  What a blessing are the woman in this group!  One in particular seems to shine.  She is lovely and quiet, humble and kind, beautiful and patient.  She is a woman whom I have grown quite fond of and have a growing respect for with each passing day of knowing her.  It is woman like her that reminds me of the true nature of a wife and mother.  The longing, support and patience she shows to and for her family inspires me to be better at both.  If I ended my day after this fellowship, I would've had enough to fill the day with gratefulness.

Wednesday kept moving and it included lunch with my husband.  We spoke about everything.  We don't often have time with just the two of us talking about life at a restaurant, but we try to do so on Wednesdays.  We sipped our drinks and visited about an assortment of topics.  We part and I continue with my errands.  I have to visit Target, Justice, and Academy and rush home to pick up eggs to deliver in the school pick up line.  I decided to take the dogs with me to school.  They love to go for car rides and especially love all the extra attention.  I could've ended the day after lunch seemingly a perfect day.  Watched the sunrise, was inspired by a friend and had lunch with Thadd.  So much to be thankful for today.

Although my day is barely winding to a close now, I think the place where I was able to see God's beauty in a tangible way that I could share with each of you is in the following picture.  To some it might be just a sun setting behind a tree with some stupid chickens in the photo, but to me it was breathtaking as I watched God's beautiful creations, the expanse of land, the leaves, the sun, the bending trees and the canopy above me.  It felt like God was hugging me and saying, "All of this is for you to enjoy.  I love you more than you can imagine."  I sat in my little chair by the chicken coop in awe of the glory of just one moment that culminates an entire day in a split second.  Looking at the sun slightly burned my eyes and as I grabbed my phone to snap the photograph I chuckled and said, "Thank you."


Tomorrow will be a new day and "I will rejoice and be glad in it, for it is the day the Lord has made."

Psalm 118:24

New King James Version (NKJV)
24 This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it.

Do not be robbed of your joy in each day.  It is a gift from heaven.  You are so very loved. Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment