Saturday, November 3, 2012

Studs or Rhinestones

I enjoy the progression in a book as you approach and pass a chapter.  Knowing you are one page closer to the end and to the truth, the revelation, or the cliffhanger for the next book.  I'm not sure the same logic applies to life.  We refuse to accept aging, death, and even our children growing up.  Okay, so some of us do very fine with the growing children part.

Last night when I buried my sweet kitty and this morning when my friend said goodbye to her old dog, Tucker, I realized we had both turned a page in our lives.  On to the next chapter.  For better or worse, the book continues to write itself and often we don't acknowledge the chapter ends or beginnings as they can have blurred lines.

There are some life events which can almost stand alone as their own books and yet they are only a small morsel of our whole life.  Our birth, kinder graduation, middle school, high school graduation, marriage, birth of a child, the list is long and I've missed many events.  The truth is there might be some chapters I would like to edit and others I would like to embellish.  Unfortunately, in life, our book is our book.  Unique and un-editable.

If you think of your life as a book, will you pen it differently?  Perhaps I will add a few more, uhhh, well, rhinestones.  Today was a new chapter and I don't think I filled it with rhinestones, but I did manage to get myself a stud...or at least one for my goats!  I'm sure there will be much talk about THAT chapter to follow.  Goodnight Friends.
The fawn colored goat is my stud.  Isn't he handsome????

No comments:

Post a Comment