Monday, November 19, 2012

I've Got This "Covered"

It is holiday time and the week of vacation began with a day of fun.  Lunch, the movies, ice cream, the movies.  I think ice cream was in place of dinner, DELICIOUS!  If you recall last night's blog post about signing Chloe up for dance class, you will appreciate that my lunch plans included a very good friend and dance studio owner.  She scolded me for not signing Chloe up sooner and promised to either organize for me to teach a class on the same day or to keep me busy in the office.  She also added, "Merissa, she doesn't have to be Gelsey Kirkland!"  For those of you who aren't familiar with Gelsey, she is a ballet legend, studio owner, and has also written a book detailing her struggles and successes in dance.  You can see her autographed picture to the right hanging in my home.


For those of you who are concerned at my bad parenting, please note I am sharing these struggles with you as a way to both see my ridiculousness and for you to laugh at my ridiculousness.  I do appreciate the support and the encouragement along the way and I hope at some point the words I share might inspire you to be better or happier.  Some people only require seeing others fail to fix it in their life.  It seems like I might have to actually experience failure to get the picture, or at least write about it.  I find it helpful to see the words on the screen before I realize how silly I am.

Another way I realize my silliness is when I am joyful for my husband to subscribe to Dairy Goat Journal.  The other day he asked me if I had the slightest clue how to milk the goats since they are now "covered."  Covered means pregnant in case you don't speak farm.  My neighbor informed Brett that "covered" is what we say instead of "pregnant."  I'm glad I was around to hear the explanation or I might've used the "p-word" and been unfarmlike.  Ok, back to goat milking.....I don't know how.  Next thing I know and Dairy Goat Journal shows up at my house.  I'm sensing my easy farm is starting to get complicated.  Goat milk means goat cheese.  Yum, I'm starting to get hungry.  Oh wait, could be because I only had ice cream for dinner.

I also wanted to report on egg production, my chickens, not mine.  The cayenne pepper worked like a dream.  We are back to regular egg production.  So those of you who have wintering chickens, spruce up their meal with a little cayenne pepper and watch your eggs return to normal.  I'm also wondering if the pepper adds zest to the flavor of the egg?  Yeah, probably not.

I hope you are having as much fun as I am this Thanksgiving vacation.  Most of the fun happens before I even wake up as I get to sleep in till 8am.  Don't hate!  Ok, let me re-phrase.  I get to stay in bed till 8am, but the house was bustling by 6am.  I refused to remove my ear plugs till 8am purely on principle.  Enjoy the time off if you have it and if not, enjoy the opportunity to celebrate the season of giving, thanking, and giving thanks!  Oh and by the way, I'm NOT COVERED!!!  Goodnight Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment