Friday, November 30, 2012

The Stars Are Out Tonight


I'm not sure if you've looked outside tonight.  It is an exceptionally clear night.  The starts are bright and the constellations are visible.  Luckily I have Chloe, the resident astronomer, to point out all the important things in the sky.  Even if she was making it up, which she assures me she was not, she sounds very convincing.  The dogs made their way over to the blanket to get off the grass where they picked up sticker burrs.  As the kids looked at the sky you could here me in the back ground quietly saying, "Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!"  every time a sticker I was removing from the dog stuck further in to my finger.

We retreat to the indoors to watch one of our favorite movies, SECONDHAND LIONS.  I cry, again, for the millionth time!  Thadd makes fun of me for crying.  Chloe is starting to feel emotional from movies, too.  I remember when she was around four we were watching a movie and her eyes started to fill with tears.  She turned to me and asked, "Why is this happening?"  She couldn't even understand what was happening to her and I didn't realize we actually don't control this cry mechanism.  It must be hard wired.  Dang it.

I guess today was an exceptionally good day because Brett avoided trouble, the sky was beautiful, and we had Friday Movie Night.  This has been a Stricker Family Tradition for many years now and I look forward to it.  It is a great end to a busy week.  I am thankful for a job where my peers and bosses are supportive and encouraging(Day 9).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment