Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Traffic or TRAFFIC


I hope you've arrived at your destination and forgive me for the late post.  I just returned from my second visit to the store today and it is possible I will return tomorrow morning.  My husband has been hard at work cleaning up the mess the beavers made.  If you missed that post, we had a wild beaver clan come through and knock down trees, or my husband cut them down with a chainsaw.  Either way, there was much tree organization going on today.

Inside there was a different kind of organization.  I was cooking and cleaning and visiting with my mom and sister-in-law.  I think holidays are an impossibility without a support group....I mean, without a group to support you or a support group.  Whatever works for you.

You might have noticed the photos I posted.  If you've ever lived on the east or west coast the traffic picture is something you can relate to.  I remember when I lived in Connecticut and we went to visit a friend in New Jersey the usual four hour trip turned in to eight hours of travel.  It was bumper to bumper traffic and not my finest adventure. Luckily the  New Jersey Thanksgiving was worth every hour.  It was the first Italian Thanksgiving I've ever had and it was like eating at Maggiano's with a turkey and stuffing, too.  It is a delicious affair and I suggest if you ever have the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving with a traditional Italian family, SAY YES!!


The road to the left is very similar to the traffic I've been in today.  Other than my visit to a few stores, my road trip from HEB to my house looked very much like this peaceful stretch of road.  My hope is for Thanksgiving to be as peaceful as the drive arriving to it.  One can always dream!!

I wish your family a beautiful and peaceful Thanksgiving.  I want to leave you with a scripture to ponder or maybe you will consider using it as your prayer to begin your meal tomorrow.  May blessings fall on your homes.  Goodnight Friends.

Psalm 118:19-29

New Living Translation (NLT)
19 Open for me the gates where the righteous enter,
    and I will go in and thank the Lord.
20 These gates lead to the presence of the Lord,
    and the godly enter there.
21 I thank you for answering my prayer
    and giving me victory!
22 The stone that the builders rejected
    has now become the cornerstone.
23 This is the Lord’s doing,
    and it is wonderful to see.
24 This is the day the Lord has made.
    We will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Please, Lord, please save us.
    Please, Lord, please give us success.
26 Bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord.
    We bless you from the house of the Lord.
27 The Lord is God, shining upon us.
    Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise you!
    You are my God, and I will exalt you!
29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
His faithful love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment