Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Temperature



I roll out of bed before my alarm to a cold house.  I change my mind four times before I finally decide what to wear.  I'm starting to put my make up on and Chloe starts complaining she is sick  I ignore her for a while until it is almost time to go and she is still in bed.  I check her temperature and she is, in fact, sick.  I know my students are going to be so sad I am not at school today.  Or not.   I begin to change my clothing for the sixth time and all before 7 am.

I send all of my sub plans via e-mail and begin to work on the stuff that usually fills my time at school.  Chloe decides to move to my bed where there is access to a television and thinks Doomsday Preppers is a good show to watch.  I change the channel to Too Cute! which is a ridiculous show about tiny baby animals.  It is almost painful to behold their cuteness.  She watches for a while until she falls asleep.

I stay indoors until Brett arrives from school.  We tour the outdoors and visit with all of the animals who are enjoying the cooler weather.  Augusta Belle and Pip call to me from the neighbor's house and I visit and pet them for a while.  As I start walking away Augusta Belle cries the most heart wrenching cry of all time.  It is very much like the cry of your infant child.  I sound crazy when I say that last sentence, I know.  I can't quite explain why I love animals so much.  Genetic flaw?

I have no excitement or craziness to report.  My husband is glad the temperature is going up because he says I'm using far more electricity to warm the animals outdoors than I allow for him to use indoors.  I am not a fan of the heater and so the only thing I allow is the fire in the fireplace.  At least until it starts to get really cold, well, really Texas Hill Country cold.  Well, not really that cold, I guess.  Stay warm and cuddle by the fire.  Goodnight Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment