Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Work Day

It might be hard to see, but there is a small leaf on the side of this truck.  Do you really think this vehicle is good for the environment?  Neither do I.  I was at Whataburger...delicious...and happen to be parked next to Mr. Save The Environment.  NOT!  A leaf doesn't make you energy efficient especially if you have headers.

Chloe was having kitten time with our barn cat.  I know he isn't much of a barn cat, but he is so very cute.  He likes to suck on the blanket and purr and knead.  It makes me smile.

Today was decorate the tree day.  I failed to decorate the tree.  I know Chloe is going to wake up very sad about my lack of tree decorating.  Does it count that I purchased Angel Tree gifts?   I think so.  WalMart has Angel Tree gifts when you walk in the door.  Click here to learn more about the Angel Tree program.  What a great opportunity to share your blessings with people who aren't as blessed as you.  I selected a 16 year old girl and a 6 year old girl.  My mom picked a 6 year old boy and we purchased the coolest stuff we could find.  Make an effort to give to an organization who helps people this holiday.  Whether it is gift buying, food deliveries, or even donate your time packaging, delivering or wrapping.  Another thing to think about is giving either time or services all year long to help a local organization.  There are animal shelters, women's shelters, and homeless shelters that would love the extra set of hands.  Make sure to call ahead as sometimes the holidays are when the most people help.  They might encourage you to come at a less "helpful" time of year.


I think overall, today was a work day.  No Christmas elves showed up to decorate the tree or any of the house.  If you know of any elves, please send them to my house.  I am thankful for the beautiful weather. (day 3).  Goodnight Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment