Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What Is The Buzz?


The Alamo Area Beekeeper's Association meeting was tonight.  Chloe and I arrived promptly with our neighbors to a room full of crazy people wanting to keep bees(us included).  There were some fanatics in the group wearing clothing with bees on them, some regular people who blend in, and then there was the homeschool crowd.  Please understand, I have nothing against homeschool, but they are often very obvious in a beekeeper meeting with their seven children in tow.  Chloe came with me since she hopes to become a beekeeper.  She has an incredible fear of bees, so I will keep you posted after our beekeeping class this Saturday.

Today was also the day I delivered my wild roosters to a new home.  I caught four roosters and drove them to their new home.  Brett and I almost cried since we had to part with some of our favorite roosters.  It was hard to choose, but in the end we have to do what is best for the flock.  Today we had more eggs and a very harmonious group.  Fights were at an all time low and there were no frenzied hens running for their lives.  Unfortunately I encountered a woman with a rooster who is more handsome than my rooster and I considered buying him.  If I brought home another rooster, my husband might shoot me instead of the rooster.

The goats are both pregnant, STILL!!  The farm seems to be running smoothly.  Harmony is returning with the hummingbirds and the warm air beginning to blow through the grass.  Spring is glorious!  I am so very thankful for the new bee adventure I  hope to begin this summer(Day 92).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment