Friday, March 8, 2013

Hip Hip Hooray!

Spring Break is exciting every year.  School is intense during the winter months and kids and teachers AND parents get a little bit worn down.  I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of Spring Break because it means mom entertains children.  Today we got out at noon, went to lunch with a friend(where the children misbehaved), went to the grocery store, the public library and finally we saved Brett from being attacked by S'more the rooster.

I was hoping to sit on my back patio sipping a tea for the entire day, but I think my plans will be foiled by children seeking entertainment.  Chloe was able to score some pet sitting jobs over the break meaning I get to play with animals over the break, which I always welcome.  She gets to do all the chores and feeding of the animals and I get to play with them.  Best part, EVER!  I'm sure I will get some rest during the holiday and a much needed haircut.  Hopefully I don't have to witness another baby bunny murder like the one I found this morning.  I tried the save the bunny, but it was headless by the time I realized the kitty had a treat.  Luckily the children DID NOT witness any part of the murder or consuming of the bunny.  Today when we arrived home after our activities I made sure to check for evidence.  All that was left was a tiny baby bunny tail.  Gross.  I feel a little better knowing my neighbor's son was able to save a baby bunny from the same fate yesterday.  The tiny bunny now lives in a container filled with pine shavings and carrots!

If the much needed rain comes down I will spend most of the vacation indoors, but if the sun prevails I will discover the undiscovered and cuddle with all the animals.  The pony and goats will get lots of attention since they get very little lovin' during the school week.  I will begin making arrangements and plans for the arrival of the babies in early April.  I can't wait to see their cute little faces and long teardrop ears!!!  I will clean closets and maybe clean out my barn.  Maybe not.

If you happen to be visiting San Antonio make sure you write or call and stop over for some tea.  Happy Spring Break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment