Saturday, March 30, 2013

Traditions

BUNNY BREAD!!!

I decided to sit and write before midnight arrived.  The family reunion plans I had last night quickly changed to a surprise birthday party for a friend who needed us more than the family reunion.  Sometimes you have to make decisions to do something other than planned when it feels right.  The surprise party was a hit and it was four hours of swimming and tired and hungry children.  Brett has gotten out of his bed three times and I'm not certain he was awake for any of the kitchen visits.  He did, however, sit and help himself to the vegetables I was chopping for tomorrow's family lunch.  He didn't speak or make eye contact.  He sat down, picked up a cucumber and a carrot, ate them and then walked to his bedroom, turned on his light, crawled in to bed and fell asleep.  Three times I've turned off his light.  I have a feeling it will be a night full of Brett visits.

Chloe was so exhausted by the events of the day that she fell asleep while I was still in her closet getting her clothes ready for tomorrow.  She closed her eyes and drifted off in to dreamland.  I returned to my preparations for Easter.  We always have the same basic food.  Honeybaked Ham headlines at my house for every major holiday.  I think I eat a small piece, yet it is such a part of my family tradition it MUST be on the table.  Since joining Pinterest a week ago, I have also incorporated some of those recipes to my repertoire.  I selected a few recipes and while I was at the surprise party, my mom and sister-in-law baked one of the recipes up!  I was so proud of their bunny bread I am creating a new annual bunny bread tradition!!

Tomorrow is an incredibly special day.  The food I serve and the fellowship we enjoy in only a small part of the true celebration of the day.  The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the reason we celebrate!  As you sit with your family tomorrow and eat and visit, don't forget the gravity of salvation.  It is only because he died and rose again that we are able to be made whole and walk in eternity.  God Bless each and every one of you.

UPDATE:  For those of you who have been praying for Brent Wells, your prayers are working.  Everyday he takes steps toward recovery.  Brain injuries are tricky and slow to heal, but prayer is the best thing you can provide for their family.  Know that their family has been incredibly blessed by the prayers coming through heaven.  Thank you friends for your help!

I am thankful for the enormous blessing of Christ's death and resurrection (Day 100).  Goodnight Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment