Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

This is the breakfast recipe from Pinterest
 I went to sleep at 2am and still didn't manage to get lunch on the table till 3pm today.  We got up and rushed over to feed Chloe's pup she was sitting and then came home to get ready for church.  I made another Pinterest recipe for breakfast and we rushed to an outdoor church service on The Square in Boerne.  It was lovely except for the tiny little bugs that kept biting me!!  They were biting Chloe, too.

We returned home and started getting all the food on the bar for  our guests.  We enjoyed many friends and family and I still managed to have food left over.  I think eleven pounds of ham and four tenderloins might've been a bit much.  I didn't much care what everyone else ate as long as I could have my lime jello mold.  Yummmmmmy!

The thunderstorm added an element of fun and happened following the egg hunt.  Baskets full of candy and five boys isolated indoors while the thunderstorms break a few trees seemed like a challenge.  During the crazy thunderstorm, wind and hail, we realized the girls were down at the barn and likely scared.  I drove down to retrieve them and spotted the STILL pregnant goats huddled together inside a large dog crate.  I was sad I didn't have my phone on me because of the photo opportunity, yet happy it avoided the deluge.  The girls were happy to be rescued and I was happy to take a quick warm shower and change out of the completely soaked clothing.

Everyone trickled out of the house including Chloe.  She went out for a sleepover and Brett was left to take a long relaxing tub to get all the mud off of him from his fun time outdoors with four other boys.  It is rare for me to have more boys at my house than girls, but today the girls were out numbered.  Good thing boys like bow and arrows, ponds, and mud.  Tonight as I tucked Brett in, his prayer was this, "God, thank you for sending your Son to die on the cross for my sins.  It was also good that he busted out of the tomb and went to heaven with you..."  Let this also be my thanks.  Goodnight Friends and may you boldly proclaim, "He is RISEN!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment