Monday, March 4, 2013

Bustiers are BACK!!!

Brett came home with a flapping shoe.  I was hoping his shoes would last through May since this is the fourth pair of school shoes I've purchased this year.  To get us through the rest of the evening I duct taped his old shoe together.  I wish I had photographic evidence, but after four stores, I left the darn shoes at the point of purchase of the new ones.   The poor person waiting on us was not sure if she should allow him to try the shoes on or not due to his filthy socks.  I saved her the refusal and bought more socks.

Getting to San Antonio to purchase the shoes was the real adventure.  There was an overturned cement truck that crossed the expressway after suffering a double blowout, barreled in to on-coming traffic before landing on its roof.  The traffic was backed for miles and they had to use a crane to remove the cement truck.  The accident happened at around 3pm and at 8pm the expressway was still closed and traffic was held up for miles and miles.  Luckily we navigated through side streets and made it home in the usual twenty-five minutes.   I imagine the news will report the actual details of the accident since the details you just read are the account I created from seeing the accident site and the years of CSI, NCIS, Hawaii 5-0, and all other police show "training."  I'm practically a detective!

 This weekend I made a trip to the mall to exchange a coffee maker.  My husband purchased a new coffee maker but was unhappy with its performance and instead bought a nicer, sleeker, fancier one.  This morning I informed him I was uncomfortable with his fancy purchase and he looked at me, with a face I don't often see, and said something about it not even coming CLOSE to equaling what I spend on my animals each month.  I felt sadness for accusing him of being frivolous when I live my life on a farm high.  I guess I was mostly sad because I didn't buy myself this very stylish bustier or the t-shirt with the kitten statement.  Actually, the two items photographed are an example of the clothing being sold in stores today.  Don't go shopping.
 Luckily I wasn't in the market for new clothing and since we have a strict dress code at school I didn't want to invest in such a great staple item if I couldn't wear it at least once a week.  I'm speaking of the bustier, of course.  Upon arrival home from my shopping adventures I was gifted a beautiful handmade cross by my neighbor.  In the photo below you can see the turquoise cross she designed and created for me.  I'm sure while she was stranded at sea she was thinking of all of her new cross designs.  Beautiful cross, beautiful gift, beautiful friend.

Today was a typical Monday for me, but the lives of the people involved in the crash on I-10 will forever be changed.  I'm not sure if any of them are hospitalized clinging to life, unharmed, or just suffering from the trauma of having seen their lives flash before their eyes.  I pray for peace, healing and mercy in their lives.  I am thankful for the safety I have in my car each day as I come and go from work and errands.  I believe I take for granted the uneventful driving I do daily.  Thank GOD!(Day 82).  Goodnight Friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment