Sunday, February 24, 2013

Stupid Chicken Tricks

Sundays aren't usually as busy as today.  I actually had to turn down fun events just to have a manageable day.  Church, birthday party, team party, bedtime.  As usual I had a few moments to kill on the farm where my chickens offered a wealth of entertainment.  Play the video below to watch my chickens jumping for raisins.



Sadly, I missed the Colonial Ball in Laredo this weekend.  My cousin (2nd cousin once removed) was presented.  She currently lives and works in New York and will be heading to Asia and Australia for work as a model.  She has a heart of gold, is a kind young lady with dreams of someday becoming a supermodel and spends time spreading awareness about the negative effects of bullying.   You can already see her photo in several magazines and she was also selected to represent the entire group of contestants competing for The Miss Teen USA Pageant (where she represented the great state of Texas as Miss Teen Texas USA 2010)at the People's Choice Awards almost two years ago.  Luckily she is not just another pretty face, she is a great role model for any young lady.



This afternoon when I collected the eggs from the chicken coop, I found a new egg.  The green egg is from Baby Chick!!  Her first egg!!!!!  Soon it will grow to the size of the brown egg and I am a huge fan of the beautiful green color of the egg.  The other day someone set a carton of eggs in front of me and said they were from my chickens.  I told them I didn't bring any eggs so I wasn't sure where they were coming from.  I opened the carton and instantly knew they were not my eggs.  The brown and green eggs were not the same hue of the ones my chickens lay.  It's funny how unique the egg's colors are to a group of chickens.  I don't think I was aware of the difference until the very moment when I opened the carton and easily identified them as "from another flock."

Stay tuned to the most up to date photos of Pip and Augusta Belle as we compare them to their pre-pregnancy photos.  Also, does anyone want a kitten?  I was intent on taking my cat to be spayed and instead realized she is pregnant.  I am not the person who can take a pregnant cat to be fixed and simply look the other way.  So, you are obligated to at least consider being a parent to a new kitten.  It is looming and I suspect we are looking at the second or third week of April.  Sounds like it will be happening shortly after the birth of the goats.  Should I film it all and charge admission to the Stricker Baby Farm??  Admission will be requiring the visitors to take home a kitten!!

Tomorrow is our big academic competition at school and I am excited about having the day behind me.  It is an entire year of preparation for one day of fun.  Let us hope I remember to write a blog tomorrow night instead of being completely brain dead!!  I am thankful for the ability to have a busy day and to be healthy enough to attend the activities with my family.  Many people are ill with the flu during this time of the year and I am blessed to only have mild allergies.(Day 78)  Goodnight Friends and I hope you enjoy the chicken video!!

No comments:

Post a Comment