Friday, February 1, 2013

Ninja Face Masks: A New Stricker Family Farm Product

When I rolled out of bed this morning I wasn't sure I would make it through the entire day without stopping, but it is 10:40 as I sit to write and I'm still awake.  Today promised to be a fun day with preparations for the school's Winter Ball and house guests.  As we loaded and unloaded lots of lighted Christmas trees and boxes of goodies, it occurred to us that we may not have sufficient decorations for the size of the space.

Those of you who ever took a dance class with me or have done flower decor with me know I am an organic worker.  I like to feel the flowers or feel the space to know where I will want something to be.  I like to move and adjust until it feels right.  Unfortunately for my decorating partner, she is a very organized creative who plans out her design and then attacks it flawlessly.  I'm sure she watched me work and believed it to be a train wreck.  Tomorrow I will post photos of the final design.  After three hours of decorating and ascending and descending the steps of the twelve foot ladder I started to believe I could go to Home Depot and purchase a lovely painter's drop cloth canvas and use it to paint a lovely winter scene to hang on the wall.  You know, something around 10ft X20ft shouldn't be hard to paint on Saturday morning, right?  Let's see what Saturday brings.

At 7:30pm I raced from school to meet my friends from Laredo and weekend houseguests along with my family for dinner.  We had a relaxing and enjoyable dinner and came back to the house to collect eggs and feed the animals.  As we were leaving the restaurant I ran in to Thadd's co-worker.  I ended up sitting and talking at her table for thirty minutes before apologizing and rushing home to tend to my chores.  Oh and I also had house guests!!!

see how soft the ninja
pads look for a night time
face mask?? I love this photo!!
Upon arrival my dear friend realized that along with not having slept for the last three nights due to severe tooth pain, she forgot her night face mask.  Knowing the horror that would befall me if I forgot my ear plugs, I hurried to my house to find a solution.  You might recall Brett's ninja costume from Halloween?  I removed a padded portion of the costume and cut it in the shape of a face mask.  I sewed and burned the edges to prevent the material from unraveling and then I found a flat hair elastic that I sewed on the the back to hold it in place.  I like to call this sort of emergency: Martha Stewart MacGyver.   After I finished making her mask I wondered why I don't also wear a night mask.  It is quite soft and very relaxing.  I thought about adding lavender seeds or essence, but I don't have any.  Maybe I should grow some.   Hmmmmm, such a great idea!


For now I am going to shower and go to bed and dream about growing lavender for my imaginary bees to pollinate and make delicious honey to share.  Maybe this summer.  I am thankful for house guests(Day62)!!!!  Goodnight Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment