Thursday, February 21, 2013

Baby DUCKS!!!!!

Charles seems do be doing very well on his Cushing's meds and his thick curly coat that was overwhelming his body in now falling out in clumps.  I spent an hour brushing him and tossing the hair over the fence.  The cat found the hair entertaining rolling around in it for a good ten minutes.  I am always so impressed by his beautiful markings when I see his furry self in pictures.

With Charles feeling better I often see him visiting with the neighbor ponies and interacting more with the goats.  I know he will be a great uncle to the baby goats arriving in April.


Speaking of babies, we stopped at Tractor Supply on the way home for feed.  Sadly we got sucked in to staring at baby fowl for too long.  I sent my husband a note with the photograph of all the baby ducks.  The note said, "PLEASE!!!"  He replied, "Buy them ALL!"  I knew better than to come home with a truckload of baby ducks knowing I would be the caregiver.  Maybe another day.  I don't think I'm in the mothering mood especially with the additional twenty sheets of unfinished homework found stashed in Brett's desk.  I have enough on my plate for now.

I might be in a mothering mood tomorrow.  I am thankful for all of the babies I have in my home, most importantly Chloe and Bretty. (Day 76) Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment