Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Quiet Evening of Romance....well, Chocolate



Fighting Irish seems to be feeling better since I did some hand feeding with him.  I moved him to the nursery with the baby chicks and the other injured chicken.  They seem to be coexisting well and I am happy to see everyone feeling better.  I wonder what the weekend will hold.

The pony and goats seems to be fine except for the unusually large pregnant bellies being carried around by Pip and Augusta Belle.  Charles is on his third day of Cushing's medication.  I have not seen a change yet, but in about three weeks he should be back to his happy pony self.  I'm wondering how he will adjust to being separated from the goats once they give birth to their tiny babies.  I have to separate them for a few days until everyone seems to be acclimated.  Charlie will love the babies instantly, but I want to make sure the babies know how to latch on before I set them loose on Charles.  I'm sure they will find him to be a great lover of baby goats and if they could speak would probably call him Uncle Charlie.

Valentine's Day was nice.  We all went out for Thai food and then ate caramel apples.  I told Thadd not to get me ANYTHING!!!!  So he got me a caramel apple and some truffles.  I don't think he got the diamond memo I sent out earlier in the week.  Darn internet is so unreliable.

My neighbors and honeymoon cruisers are still not home.  Sadly they were stuck at sea longer than they ever wanted to be without the lovely conveniences of home.  I'm happy to report they are alive and hopefully will return home tomorrow.  I can't even begin to imagine the inconvenience of being stuck on a ship with no power and minimal modern amenities like, uh, no TOILETS!!!  It is amazing how you might feel a little more empathy for a homeless person or someone who has an outhouse instead of a flushing toilet.  I'm sure their lives will be forever changed.  The good news is they will have great stories to tell for years to come!

Big news today on the wire.  The Miss America Scholarship Pageant will be returning to its home in Atlantic City!  It returns to its roots and its family values.  I think this is, by far, the best decision the Miss America Organization has made in a very, very long time.  The best decision previously was having the class of Miss America 1998 on the Atlantic City stage.  All hail Kate Shindle, Miss America 1998.  I will return for my twentieth anniversary in 2018.  Maybe I will bring Chloe along!

Tonight my sweet friend won an awesome scholarship at the rodeo.  She is one of the hardest working people I know.  She and her childhood best friend both won scholarships in their age level.  I wish I could tell you the exact names of the events, but what I can tell you is there was a horse involved.  The details are fuzzy for me since I've never been an avid horsemen.  GOOOOOOO KITTEN!!!!!!!

I hope each one of you had a wonderful day today.  Always remember that the most amazing love we have in our lives comes from heaven.  Our Father gave his only son so that we might have life and life eternal.  I can't even begin to understand the sacrifice given for us to know such boundless love.  Be blessed and be loved, but more importantly, BLESS others and LOVE others!  I am thankful for the love I have in my life through family and friends and through the eternal love I have through Christ. (Day 71).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment