Friday, February 22, 2013

A Visit To The Principal's Office

How can you be mad at this face??
At the end of the school day I received a phone call from Brett's teacher.  She reported the activities of the day to include: picking a fight with a girl, calling another girl "fat tinker bell", he fought with another boy and his teacher and was sent to the principal's office.  The conversation with his teacher went on for about thirty minutes.  I'm exhausted by the flurry of bad activity.  I would say Brett is perfect, but he has been compliant and minimally reprimanded as of late.  The last two weeks have proven to be an interesting ride in the wrong direction on the Brett Express.

The thing I'm having trouble with is his ability to be good and his equally talented bad behavior making a comeback.  When I ask him, "Why?"  He has no answer.  I want to understand the reason for the behavior.  If he is having a problem we can work together to solve it.  If he is sad we can talk about how to make him happy.  I can solve a problem, but I can't solve something we can't identify.  So instead I spend my quiet time wondering how to fix Brett.  I've actually considered sending him to my Aunt Deedee as she has raised two successful and sweet children.  She loves children and she loved me as a child.  Very few people could tolerate me as a child and she and my uncle were so attentive and patient.  They even let me sleep over at their house often.  My uncle would sit and let me make a hundred ponytails all over his head.  I would sing and dance in their living room with them as my audience.  I wish I could provide the same sort of support for my son, yet it seems like I spend most of my time upset with him instead of loving on him.  This whole situation makes me so very sad.
You might want to consider hiring Chloe now because when
she makes Forbes magazine she will not have much
availability.

I haven't even seen my animals since 7:30  this morning as Thadd was kind enough to feed them and put them to bed.  I also figured out Fighting Irish, the rooster, isn't really going to recover from whatever it is that had made him ill.  He doesn't crow anymore or even make much sound.  He hangs out at my front door and I feed him food from my refrigerator.  He has trouble eating the chicken feed and so I give him applesauce, yogurt, scrambled egg, mixed vegetables and have recently decided to buy him baby food to supplement for a healthier diet.  I think he struggles to swallow the larger food and knows I will hand feed him if he comes to the door.  I know, I'm crazy.

Fighting Irish

I was hoping to make it to the Washington's Birthday Celebration in Laredo.  Unfortunately, I'm responsible for an academic competition that takes place at our school every year and I arrived home at 9p.m. after preparing and copying and taping and stapling and the list goes on and on.  Monday morning we will be ready for the six other schools to come on to our campus and compete for the title we fight hard to keep.  Tomorrow morning Brett also plays his final game to decide the winner of their division title.  It is sure to be a nail biter since we play the younger team of athletes from the same school.  Chloe's Babysitting and Petsitting business has found its first customer taking care of two dogs in San Antonio this weekend.  Is it bad to wish my ten year old could drive?  Birthday parties and more birthday parties round out the weekend and now I think I should call it a night.



I think it is time for bed.  My mom is visiting which means I need all of my energy!  She is the Energizer Bunny!!!  I am thankful for children who provide adventures and a mom who keeps me on my toes!(Day 77).  Goodnight Friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment