Thursday, February 7, 2013

Goatsplosion!!

The vet came out to see Charlie just to calm my nerves about his lack of urination.  As the vet stepped out of his truck and looked around he said, "You've got yourself a little oasis out here!"  I knew what he was saying to be very true.   I know God had His hands all over this house for us.  I made Charlie wait to be fed so we could check him out sufficiently and the vet gave him a diarrhetic.  Within about five minutes Charlie had a nice strong flow of urine that was clear in color and healthy.  The goats were locked up so we could focus our attention on Charlie, but they kept pawing at the gate to be let out.  The vet suggested I give Charlie his own Twitter page.

I think he, the vet, was impressed at how well loved the pony is in the barnyard.  The goats and the kittens were trying to be as near to him, the pony, as possible.   I'd follow Charlie on Twitter if I knew how to tweet.  School was fun and I worked like a maniac to get all of my entries for our upcoming academic competition in on time.  I still have a few pending, but hopefully I can get everything done by tomorrow.  When I finally got home I took a 30 minute rest before tending to the animals.  While I was "resting" I was doing homework with Brett.  All of the sheets he has avoided doing all week we completed this evening.  I'm sure he has other sheets hidden somewhere, but homework with Brett is a painful task as he loathes it.

Thadd arrived and cooked dinner while I did pet chores, cleaned Chloe's room and the playroom and sewed ten burp cloths for a shower on Saturday.  I also have to cook for the Medieval Feast tomorrow, but I still need to look at the recipe.  My husband fell asleep at around 8pm and I avoided burning down the playroom, which was a thought, since it was such a disaster.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Medieval Feast that Chloe is missing to be in Seattle.  I decided to wear her costume and will make sure I get photographs for your viewing enjoyment. It should be a laugh.  I am thankful for the fun that will be had at the Medieval Feast and for all of the families who have worked so hard to make it a grand success.  (Day 67).  Goodnight Friends.  Oh I almost forgot to tell you the other thing the vet said about the goat, "There are three or four babies in there!"  I am going to have a goatsplosion over here in the Spring!!





No comments:

Post a Comment