Monday, February 18, 2013

GOT DUCKS?

Today was a lazy day.  I had a friend visit in the morning and then some other children who came to play in the afternoon.  My neighbor dropped by for a friendly visit and we walked around the farm checking out the pregnant goats and discussing where they will be confined when the time comes.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  I think this is what it feels like to have grandkids(without the diaper changes)!!!

We have been so happy to find a pair of ducks calling our pond home.  We try to sneak over to catch a glimpse of them as they fly off to escape our watching eyes.  On Saturday, Thadd went over to the pond to do his weekly inspection and found the large fish supply to be almost entirely decimated.  We now have three fish left.  I think I am no longer happy about the ducks finding solace at our pond.  Darn ducks!  I guess they have to live, too.  Is there a lesson to be learned here?  Some things that look good and seem to be quite beautiful are stealing you blind?  Not sure how to word this one.  Sometimes beautiful things can call to us like a siren perched on a rock in a tremendous and raging sea and though they are beautiful, their motives are chipping away at you, slow and steady.  Eventually you are but dust on the floor.  I know, I know, the poor ducks are taking the fall here.  BUT  it is something to think about.  See if you can find that thing in your life that might look so good on the outside but it is slowly robbing from you.

Tonight I attended a basketball game that was almost as exciting as NBA ball.  Brett's basketball team won their first of two playoff games tonight.  It was a very exciting game with one of our players losing a tooth during the game.  He continued playing and handed it to his mom as he ran by.  That is DEDICATION!!  Brett was excited for the win but wasn't too excited about having to go to a game on Saturday.  He was hoping for an all day stay-home-day.  He is a big fan of staying home and playing outside.  Me too.

I am thankful for holiday weekends and time with family(Day74).  Goodnight Friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment