Monday, February 25, 2013

Blown Away



 The pictures show what I found when I arrived home.  Thankfully we were not home or one or both of our cars would've been totaled by the uprooted tree.  This isn't a great photo, but tomorrow in the daylight I will take a better photo and re-post.  I also saw a carport down the road in a neighbor's yard.  Thankfully no one was hurt by the flying metal carport.
The wind ransacked the Hill Country and most of South Texas today, but I think we had it easy compared to the deluge that hit Louisiana.  As I worked I imagined my chickens being carried off to Kansas hoping they remembered to wear their ruby slippers.  Besides the occasional uprooted tree, all the farm animals were safe and sound.  I moved our cars from around the house where we usually park since one of the uprooted trees happened to be about 20+ feet tall and landed across our driveway.  I didn't want to have to total a car due to a tree incident.

The chicken coop was rattling with the roof flapping producing only three eggs from a mildly unhappy bunch.  The do not like loud noises much like my children.  My children often cover their ears at the sound of any loud noise and while at a basketball the other day, I realized I do the same thing.  At last count, all chickens were accounted for, I think.  All 32, or is it 34?  Hmm.  Remind me to think that one through a bit.

Today was the very exciting academic and art competition at my school.  We placed 1st in our district and advance to state in almost all of the categories!  I was BLOWN AWAY and very proud of all of our students.  By blown away I mean both excited and literally blown away.  Our campus is situated on some sort of spot that creates the perfect wind tunnel.  Anyone weighing less than 100 lbs was blown around like a leaf.  I did watch the 1st graders walking down the sidewalk today waiting for one of them to take flight.  Fortunately none of them got completely airborne, but a few were nearly blown off the sidewalk.  We have been blessed with a winning streak.  Our girls and boys basketball teams are also in playoffs and will play tomorrow to find out if they advance to the state finals on Saturday!  We have so very much to be thankful for I'm not quite sure where to begin.  So I will end with this, I am thankful to all of the parents, teachers, and students who made our event possible today.(Day 79)  Goodnight Friends.  I am going straight to sleep!

updated photo of daytime destruction














updated photo of daytime destruction






No comments:

Post a Comment