Saturday, September 1, 2012

Don't Rain On My Parade

I am rocking on the porch, a warm breeze pushes the hair out of my face and stirs the wind chime.  The pony is calling me in the distance while the kitten cuddles in my arms. Thadd walks out and joins me commenting on the downpour in the distance.  If it continues traveling west it will land right on our humble farm that could greatly benefit from the moisture.  As we finish discussing our overhead rain predictions Chloe bounces out the back door.  She walks over to the edge of the porch, licks her finger and sticks it in the wind.  "Looks like we aren't getting any rain.  It is moving that way," she states matter-of-factly pointing to the south west.  I convince her to shower and get ready for bed dismissing her claims of south west heading droplets.  About five minutes later the rain is no longer in our path, it is heading to the south west.

The near hit of rain reminds me of the times in life when we are awaiting a "season" change and it looks to be coming down the pike and then it turns to the south west.  Imagine the scene, unemployed for six months and several interviews finds you at your third for one job.  It looks like it might just be the job that changes all of the craziness and debt and desperation in your life.  Left turn, no job, back to the life you are trying so hard to change.  It happens in good times, too.  A couple of blogs back I talked about the recent pregnancy I miscarried.  We are finally at peace with having a baby when our youngest turns seven and then the situation changes, no baby.  Storms change direction.

Take Hurricane/Tropical Storm Issac for example as the original trajectory was not as heavily affected.  Although the storm did devastate parts of a few states, it was not the intensity of early predictions.  Crisis slightly averted, for some.  Storms change direction, sometimes good and sometimes bad, experience the ride but don't let it tear you down.  In the background I can hear Don't Rain on my Parade playing.


No comments:

Post a Comment