Saturday, September 29, 2012

Plenty








I couldn't wait for my chickens to lay eggs,
now I am coming up with creative egg recipes.
 Today one of my hens went missing.  I'm not sure what happened to her.  My husband was working outside today and didn't hear any commotion.  He is upset that a hen was taken, "It would've been better if we had one less rooster!" he said.  As much as I like the laying of the eggs, my roosters are all such great big personalities that I would miss them terribly.  I'm hoping to solve the disappearance.  I will keep you posted.
A common brown spider with her babies riding on her back.



The other night I went outside and when I was walking I saw something move in the darkness. I used my phone flashlight to spot this beautiful brown spider carrying her babies on her back.  It reminded me of one of my favorite books, "Charlotte's Web."  Brett was so excited when he found this photo on my phone.  He was upset that I didn't catch her for him to witness her superior mothering skills.  He also wanted to know why I didn't carry him on my back.  

I did find a scorpion with babies on her back under a log outside.  I resisted taking a picture and instead smashed her.  I still feel a little sad about it.  Just a little.  I don't have much to say tonight, but I hope you are enjoying the rain if you are in South Texas.  Goodnight FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment