Monday, September 10, 2012

When Pigs FLY!!

For my birthday today, I bought this flying pig for myself a month ago.  The entire month prior to  my birthday and the two weeks following my special day are known as "birthday zone" and therefore all purchases fall in to this category.  I think I do most of my shopping during August and September due to "birthday zone" shopping.  OOOPS.

The real story is about the flying pig.  I think you are mostly familiar with the saying, "When pigs fly!"  The phrase is an adynaton and suggests the situation is an impossibility.  I fell instantly in love with the flying metal pig with all of its sharp edges and awkward soldering.   I guess it is safe to assume I believe in the impossible; I am a dreamer.

Brainstorming with me can sometimes cause either extreme entertainment or extreme frustration.  My solutions never consider budget or boundaries unless previously noted.  If a boundary and budget exist, I am good at staying within those confines, but some of my best work happens without boundaries.  If you have been around me long enough you might've heard the solution to arriving to prom in style, "A helicopter."  My solution to the cramped space in my high school dormitory included professional blueprints and even color and fabric swatches for improvements to be done over Spring Break(My partner in crime was Kristina Godfrey).  I was heartbroken to see none of my ideas were applied while I was on Spring Break.  My solutions are mostly complex and I'm excellent at delegating, or as my husband says, "BOSSY!"

I invite you to know and recognize reality, but don't forget to DREAM BIG!   I believe God places those desires in our hearts for a purpose.  The purpose drives us and whether we achieve the dream or not, the journey creates an amazing adventure.  Every time I walk out of my front door I see the flying pig and am reminded to DREAM BIG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment