Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Flag Attack

I'm sitting at my son's football practice watching the boys listen intently to the coach.  Unfortunately Brett is facing the opposite direction
playing with the yellow flags hanging at his waist.  He is paying very close attention to a bird or bug in the distance and I bet the coaches voice sounds like ”blah, blah, blah.”
Suddenly Chloe jumps in the window of my Yukon xl screaming about some odd moth that just bit her.  I laughed while keeping my eyes focused on the football practice.  The children on Brett's team have excellent form and strike poses reminiscent of those seen on the Heisman Trophy.

Brett has decided to dedicate himself to flag attack, but in a moment of weakness he starts goofing off.  The coaches don't put up with funny business so he was sent to run to a distant truck to keep him occupied instead of whacking his friend with a weed he found in the field.  He is easily distracted by all the flapping flags and friends.  I don't anticipate him being a stellar flag football star, but I do anticipate him being tired when he comes home.  Yipeeeee!

I think one of my favorite things about football is that the coaches have matching trucks.  They did not plan their matching trucks, but I find it SUPER entertaining.  Even more fun is they are both married to tall, thin attractive women.  They both own their own businesses and are hard working men and attentive dads.  They are almost twins, but most importantly, they are great coaches!!

Football practice is over and Chloe does, in fact, have a bug bite on her leg.  I guess her jumping through the window of my Yukon(from the roof of the car) was not histrionics.  I hope each of you find humor and enjoyment in the hours spent watching your children.  Whether or not your child is excellent at the sport doesn't matter as much as if they are having fun....or rather as long as YOU are having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment