Thursday, September 6, 2012

Here's Your Map!

Some people excel in map skills and others are not gifted map readers.  In recent years, navigation devices reduce the need for maps and thus reduce the need for great thinking minds in the form of map readers.  I still rely on maps as I loath the navigation devices and dismiss them as being for those who are not gifted in the map sciences.

Maps come in many forms and can be customized to fit your needs and or your event.  They often accompany wedding and birthday invitations with cute borders and on even cuter paper.  If you didn't notice, I am a map lover.

The one place I have yet to find a map is to accompany my life.  How do I get to my next home?  How do I get to my next job?  How do I get to my daughter's boyfriend's house?  You get the picture?  I wish I received maps in the mail weekly to get me to school while avoiding accidents, showing me who I need to know and who needs help.  A map to find my daughter's school shoes would be nice, too.  To know the places, people and things you need to know BEFORE you need to know them; a life map.  Matthew 6:31-34 reminds us not to worry about any of these things and even as specific as eat or drink, but to focus on God.  It also tells us not to worry about tomorrow.  So I guess that idea of a weekly map isn't such a good idea.  God has been faithful even in my trials and I am certain He will be faithful for tomorrow.  Use your maps or your navigation to get you through today and keep your eyes focused on God for tomorrow.  Happy Trails!!




Matthew 6:31-34

New International Version (NIV)
31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


No comments:

Post a Comment