Monday, September 17, 2012

About Me...it isn't too boring, I PROMISE

I know you are all tired of hearing about my birthday, but my mom made an interesting observation as she scanned my birthday cards.  All of the cards are humorous.  All of the cards elude to me being crazy, an animal lover or both!  I am both flattered and worried.

In may ways I'm glad I found a husband or I think I would be "that crazy cat lady" down the street.  Yes, I have many animals.  All the animals have a place and an enclosure, bed, or house.  Yes, my chickens, cats and pony free range during the day.  It is not strange to drive up to my house and be greeted by a sweet, fat pony named Charles.  It is also not strange to be greeted by a few chickens and just as many roosters coming to check if you have any good grub to offer.

Some people ask, "When did you become a country girl?  Where you raised on a farm?"  The answer is, "Well, I was raised in Laredo.  It is a large city with a small town attitude."  Everyone has a ranch or knows someone who has a ranch.  You go to the ranch every weekend and have cookouts.  The problem was that I never wanted to leave the ranch.  The air is cleaner, the snakes are bigger and the deer are so cute!  I have never been fond of hunting, yet I think capturing animals through a camera lens is acceptable.  I don't want to be holding the camera as it obscures my view.  I love the wild.

I love flowers, grass, trees, animals, water, all of God's creations.  I have to admit that I don't really need much of a vacation, but a quiet evening out on the patio watching the hummingbirds buzz by and take quick sips of nectar, is medicine for my soul.  If vacations are planned they are often to the beach.  Water as far as the eye can see and sand.  I don't care what color the water or the sand are as long as there is plenty surrounding me.  As much as I find pleasure in architecture and manmade beauty, I am completely mesmerized and humbled by the beauty of God's simple, yet so complex, creations.  If I had to choose Paris or Alaska, I would likely choose Alaska.  HAVE YOU SEEN THE LANDSCAPE?????
      vs        











The natural beauty that exists around ever corner, every sunrise and sunset, every rainfall, flood and even hurricane.  I am in awe of both the sheer power and life that exists in nature.  The maker of the heaven and earth created the most inspiring things for us to experience with each of our senses.  For a reminder of how He created the earth click here. (Genesis 1...here are other references, too Mark 4:39, Psalm 65:7, Psalm 93:4, Psalm 107:29, Psalm 89:9)

So I guess if I had to describe myself it would look something like this:
I am crazy.  I LOVE all of God's creations and think beauty exists in everything.  My weakness is wanting to help other people too much that sometimes I overstep my bounds.  I have never met a stranger.  I am dramatic. I exaggerate(mostly for dramatic effect).  I am a born performer.  I love to laugh and make others laugh.  If you need me, I am a phone call away, any day, any time.  There I am...in a nutshell.
The humorous birthday cards are just a reminder to not take myself so seriously, well, EVER.  To laugh often and to continue to make other people laugh too.  Thank you for all of the birthday wishes and love and laughs. I think it is safe to say that my birthday week has come to a close!!


No comments:

Post a Comment