Friday, September 14, 2012

A Gift For You

Dear Friends,

I don't think I say thank you often enough to the people around me who are inspiring, creative, supportive, and patient.  As a teacher I encounter many parents, fellow teachers and administrators, and students.  Every one of the people I have in my sphere change my world for the better.  As a teacher I imagine I do more learning than teaching and for that I am eternally grateful.

I see the parents who work tirelessly in support of the school committees, teams and clubs without thanks and without pay.  The parents who take the time to email me to make sure they are doing everything they can to make their child's education the best possible experience, remind me to be a better parent.  There are even parents who email just to offer support in any area of a teachers life to make their job easier.

The people I work with on a daily basis make working a pleasure and a blessing.  They each offer such amazing insight and inspire me to reach for the best of the best in all I do.  A group of people who strive to be excellent because it is a desire of the Heavenly Father not for personal gain.  Every morning they gather to pray for the families at our school and for each other.  

Students are, perhaps, the best part of all.  They offer a glimpse of the future.  The students open a door for us to peek in to the leaders and followers of our future generation.  They ask pointed questions and speak profound truths about their lessons in both the classroom and life.  My students are the best teachers of all.

I cannot forget my friends.  They are the people who make your family dinner on nights you work late or just because they know you had a hard day.  The people who sneak up next to you and give you a hug for no reason at all.  Friends are the ones who say nice things about you even when you aren't around to hear.  The people who pick up the phone because they are thinking about you and they happen to call just when you need them the very most.  

Tonight, I extend a thank you to the people in  my world who make it a better place for all of us.  Thank you for making a difference, changing the world one act at a time and for thinking about the bigger picture.  Thank you does not seem sufficient.  Thank you a million times, THANK YOU!!

With Love and Appreciation,

Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment