Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Watch Out Alamo!!

the baby giraffe I wanted to bring home
We woke up bright and early (I was still mad from the Spurs game last night), cooked our overnight cinnamon rolls and packed up to go to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Safari.  Upon arrival we inspected the tiny twin giraffes who were born on May 10, 2013 and planned a very detailed escape of how we might remove a giraffe from a high fenced area.  Along the drive we also spotted the cutest alpaca of all time, which I was unable to steal.  The people in my car were far too honest for an animal heist.  Following the safari drive we ate Whataburger, a first for our Pennsylvania friends.
our homemade cinnamon rolls

The Alamo awaited our arrival with sunbeams so radiant we considered driving home to the shelter of the air conditioned farm house.  Instead, we committed to an afternoon of fun including the Ripley's exhibits.  The new wax figures at Ripley's aren't as impressive as the older ones or maybe I'm just old and I CAN'T actually identify the newer ones.  The exhibits were fun and I could've spent two more hours in the Believe It Or Not exhibit, but kids don't care about all of the details. I found many interesting photos and facts and filled my brain with all sorts of useless but fascinating information!

The Alamo and the conquerers
Our last stop was dinner.  We ate at Landry's Seafood Restaurant on the Riverwalk.  If I had to give them a rating it would fall in the negative number category, so I will instead go on record saying, "They have really good strawberry smoothies for the kids!"  The kids and dads stayed at the river late and rode a river barge and ate ice cream.  I think I've had ice cream five nights in a row.  I might need to consider a sugar rest beginning on Friday.

Brett, the male model
When we arrived home we made the decision to bury all of the baby chick eggs.  None of them hatched and the one that did hatch, died.  The the wise words of my friend, "It was not meant to be."  They have been buried and may now rest in peace along with the tragic death of James Gandolfini.  Sigh.
at the movie

The day is done and now it is time for bed.  I am thankful for six children who behaved throughout the day and all through dinner(Day 167).  Goodnight Friends.






a sad farewell to the eggs that did not hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment