Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Ominous Call

HELL

Today included some screaming, crying, and singing.  I STILL have not finished cleaning the playroom.  By cleaning I actually mean burning it to the ground.  The kids keep finding things they MUST keep and I keep finding things that need to be thrown away.  While cleaning I also must keep more messes from happening.  There are a few ways I can achieve such a feat.  The first is to allow my son to play MindCrack for the entire day.  The second is to lock Brett outside all day.  The last option is to go to the grocery store and acci-purposely leave him there.  The first two are viable, clearly the last one is a terrible idea.  The reason you think it is a terrible idea is likely different from why I believe it to be a bad idea.  You see, Brett never lets me out of his sight.  I might think he can't see me, but he always knows where I am and where I am going.  I think this makes him exceptionally good at catching animals, fish, and other creatures.  He anticipates your actions.  If he cared about sports, he might also use this gift to be a stellar athlete.  If you dialed the number for CPS, please hang up, I won't leave him at the store.

The screaming and crying were mostly me asking my children why they hate me so much with the messes popping up in every corner.  The singing was left for the afternoon when I had a short rehearsal for this Sunday's Father's Day service at the Boerne Public Square.  I was invited by a friend to sing with him to celebrate the occasion, so if you want to come out and enjoy an outdoor service for Father's Day before your Burges Fest fun time, catch the 9:30am service.

During the day I received an ominous phone call from my husband.  He started the conversation by telling me all about how he discovered the perfect Father's Day gift for himself.  He told me how much of a sacrifice it would be for me and how much joy it would bring him.  In my head I've gone through a list of my top ten least favorite things.  I will spare you the list, but you can probably insert your least favorite things and they are likely very similar.  I begin to feel my face flushing when he finally announces, "I want you to come see the new Star Trek movie with me."  Although this didn't make the top ten list in my head, it was number eleven (11).  I loathe SciFi.  I asked if I could sleep through the movie.  He quickly responds, "No.  There will be a detailed test following the movie."  I will go to the movie with him and accept I will never get those precious hours back.  I wonder if he feels the same way about every romantic comedy he has seen over the years?   I'm certain he felt that way after I dragged him to every dance concert, pageant and ribbon cutting from 1993-1998.  One movie won't KILL me.

I am thankful for the clean house even though the play room refuses to be cleaned.(Day 161).  Goodnight Friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment