Wednesday, June 12, 2013

AAA

monarch butterflies wintering

After all of the morning chores we went to the dealership for an oil change and to have them check out the car for any maintenance issues.  At 150K miles it is sure to need some sort of service and I don't want to be driving along my merry way and end up on the side of the road trying to wave down help.  I guess I could also call AAA, but I still have some very negative feelings toward them from my previous side of the road experience.  Two years ago Lynn(sis in law) and I were on our way to Laredo in the evening.  At nearly 11pm we were sandwiched between an eighteen wheeler and a bridge with a large tire remnant in the road and not enough time to avoid it.  I was driving a Prius and it gave me an instant flat tire.  I was wearing black slacks, a black top and six inch black stilettos.  I called AAA and they informed me I was not on the policy.  The policy was ONLY for my husband.  I nearly lost my composure, but instead I called every automotive place I could find within a 25 mile radius and the phone number on my license that is supposed to send someone to render aid.  FALSE.  After an hour we decided we could change our own tire.  I grabbed the manual with Lynn reading the instructions we changed the darn tire.
before

I had not pulled off the road very well and was sitting in a split facing the car as close as possible to avoid getting hit by the big rigs as their whirred by.  A few times I was certain I had taken my last breath;  truck lights and chrome nearly touching my hair.  The tire got changed and we drove the forty five minutes remaining to Laredo.  That is my last memory of AAA and I must say it is not a fond memory.

after
We run home to pick up the pups for their spa day.  To waste time in San Antonio while the dogs are being groomed, we settle on the movie, Epic.  From the first moment to the last, Brett's little face never moved from the screen.  He was completely entranced and when the movie ended he jumped to his feet announcing, "That was the best movie I've ever seen!!  When can we buy the DVD?"  It is true, I think Brett is going to be one of those bug geek people that collects all sorts of weird, uh, well, ummmm, BUGS.  His idea of a dream vacation is going to the tropical rainforest to see where the Monarch butterflies clump together in the winter.  Ok, it sounds sort of interesting.

The evening worked out well as a babysitter was found and I had a dinner date with Thadd.  It was two hours of adult conversation.  I needed it.  I am thankful for two hours of talking about something other than kittens and cleaning.(Day 160).  Goodnight Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment